Please see Introducing the Spreadsheet-Sports Daily Fantasy Sports Analytics System for more information on how these rankings work.
Top Overall Plays
1. James Harden – The Beard has scored an average of 50 fantasy points per game over his last 5. Joe Johnson only worries about crunch time scoring – not defense so I would bet on another solid line from Harden.
2. Josh Smith – Somewhat surprisingly Smith is still a Hawk. It’s time for him to prove his worth now that the trade rumors have ended and play his way into a max contract over the last half of the season. He has a great matchup to kick things off against the Kings.
3. Tony Parker – He’s been carrying the Spurs this year as Duncan and Ginobili have battled injuries and he badly outplayed Chris Paul last night. The Spurs are on national television again tonight and Steph Curry isn’t nearly the defenders Paul and Bledsoe are. Look for another big game from Parker.
Best Value Plays
1. Danny Green – Kawhi Leonard sat out last night and he may do the same tonight. Green is a solid bet for some scoring and defensive stats. He’s probably not going to have a huge game, but he’ll give you a solid line.d
2. Tony Allen – He’s picked up his offense after Rudy’s departure. Look for him to keep that going against the Magic, and you know he’s always a good bet for steals and blocks.
3. Jeff Green – The Celtics play the Suns and Doc Rivers mentioned the fact that he would be surprised if Garnett played in all 3 of the Celtics next 3 games. When Garnett takes a game off (or even if his minutes are limited) look for Green to have a big game.
1. Andrew Nicholson – He’s come on strong for the short-handed Magic and produced some nice lines recently. You can feel good about using him as an inexpensive option at PF.
2. Ty Lawson – He’s taking a lead role for the Nuggets by increasing his scoring and improving his assist rate. Ty is on his way to becoming a top flight point guard.
3. C.J. Watson – He’s getting more time with Deron not 100% and he’s making the most of it. If you’re bottom fishing on point guards Watson may be your best bet.
Access the full Daily Fantasy Sports Analytics Spreadsheet
If you have any suggestions on how to improve these daily fantasy rankings with new stats or different views please let us know in the comments!