Please see Introducing the Spreadsheet-Sports Daily Fantasy Sports Analytics System for more information on how these rankings work.
Top Overall Plays
1. LeBron James – The Heat are rolling, but Milwaukee is a tough team when they’re firing on all cylinders so a big game out of LeBron may be needed to keep their streak alive. I expect a high scoring game with Monta and B-Jennings doing all they can to put an end to the Heat’s winning streak.
2. Dwight Howard – If Kobe is forced to sit (and it’s crazy that it’s even a possibility that he could play) then Dwight will be called on to carry the Lakers against a tough Pacers team. Dwight has typically gotten the best of Roy Hibbert in their matchups and Howard has been playing extremely well as of late.
3. Kevin Durant – I think KD was a bit frustrated after his national TV performance on Friday against Utah when he committed 8 turnovers and I expect him to take it out on the Magic. He’s due for a huge game and it’s likely just going to be a matter of whether Orlando can hang close enough to keep Durant in the game in the 4th.
Best Value Plays
1. Roy Hibbert – He should see an uptick in minutes tonight so that he’s in to defend against Dwight. His offensive game is finally starting to come around although Howard’s defense could definitely be tough. Basically, if you’re unable to spend big at center then Hibbert is your guy.
2. Alonzo Gee – The Cavs don’t have much scoring with Kyrie out so they’ll need Gee and others to step up their play. He’s been getting a lot of minutes and has been playing fairly well lately.
3. George Hill – He doesn’t do anything spectacularly, but he’s extremely consistent and has been a solid PG for the Pacers. The Lakers are terrible at defending PG’s so Hill could be in store for a big game.
2. Mike Conley – He has stepped up his play considerably over the past week. He’s hit double digit assists in the last few games and he’s scoring as well. Conley is a very strong option at PG.
3. Tobias Harris – He may be the best scoring option for the Magic so they’ll need him to do all he can against the Thunder.
Access the full Daily Fantasy Sports Analytics Spreadsheet
If you have any suggestions on how to improve these daily fantasy rankings with new stats or different views please let us know in the comments!