Please see Introducing the Spreadsheet-Sports Daily Fantasy Sports Analytics System for more information on how these rankings work.
Top Overall Plays
Note: There are a lot of guys like Carmelo, D-Lee, Z-Bo, and Amare that are questionable to play tonight. My rankings reflect all of those guys as OUT for tonight, but I will update the rankings as news comes out throughout the day.
1. Monta Ellis – Monta is heading back to Golden State for the first time as a Buck and he’s probably itching to light up his old team. There’s no defensive stopper in the Warriors backcourt so I expect Monta to have his way and put up big numbers in his homecoming.
2. James Harden – The Beard had a tough shooting last night in Golden State, but he handed out 11 assists and still got to 20 points. The Rockets will look to turn up the heat and run the Suns out of the gym and I expect Harden to be a big part of that.
3. Al Horford – He continued his strong play against the tough Celtics defense last night. I would expect the same against the soft interior Nets defense tonight.
Best Value Plays
1. Trevor Ariza – With Brad Beal likely out again for the Wizards Ariza is a strong play against the lowly Bobcats. He’s been playing well since being inserted back into the starting lineup.
2. Markieff Morris – He has been given the starting role with Gortat injured and Jermaine O’Neal out for the next few games. That didn’t translate into a strong game last night against Sacramento, but he has potential
3. Carl Landry – He likely shoots up to the #1 spot on this list if David Lee is in fact out for tonight and he gets the starting nod. Even with D-Lee he still gets a good chunk of minutes and has been productive scoring and rebounding.
1. Wesley Johnson – He started for Phoenix last night and there’s a possibility that might hold true long term. The Suns have every incentive to see what they have in him for the future so I would think his playing time will continue to increase
2. Ersan Ilyasova – Ilyasova will either be going against a hobbled D-Lee (who’s been proven analytically to be the worst interior defender in the league) or a host of backup PF’s for the Warriors. He could be in line for a big night.
3. Emeka Okafor – He has quietly had a fairly solid year for the Wizards. He doesn’t do anything flashy and he doesn’t score a lot of points, but he rebounds well and blocks shots. That combination leads to solid fantasy lines.
Access the full Daily Fantasy Sports Analytics Spreadsheet
If you have any suggestions on how to improve these daily fantasy rankings with new stats or different views please let us know in the comments!