Please see Introducing the Spreadsheet-Sports Daily Fantasy Sports Analytics System for more information on how these rankings work.
Top Overall Plays
1. Joakim Noah – This is obviously pending on Noah’s health and his availability to play on Thursday night. If he’s ready to go you’ve got to believe Coach Thibodeau will ride him for his regular allotment of 35-38 minutes. Taj Gibson has played nearly every minute of games in Noah’s absence so resting players and easing them back into the rotation doesn’t seem to be in Thibs’ mindset. The Nuggets are atrocious against centers (witness Samuel Dalembert‘s explosion on Tuesday) so Noah could be in store for a huge game.
3. LaMarcus Aldridge – He’s been extremely consistent lately and Houston loves to run so this could be a high scoring affair.
4. James Harden – The Beard struggled for the last couple weeks of January, but he’s come on extremely strong as February has come along with his first career triple double and a monster game against D-Wade and the Heat. Don’t hesitate to pay the premium to get him in your lineup.
Best Value Plays
2. Marreese Speights – The backup power forward has thrived since his arrival in Cleveland. You can count on him to be productive.
4. Ricky Rubio – He’s finally starting to turn it on, and it seems like it may be due to the fact that he’s finally at full health after his return from knee surgery.
1. Taj Gibson – This ranking could be affected by playing time if Noah and Boozer are both full-go for the Thursday night game. Be sure to check back to the analytics spreadsheet as injury information is updated up until game-time.
3. Earl Clark – With Pau Gasol out for several months and Dwight Howard still recovering from his shoulder injury – Clark is locked into as many minutes as he can handle and he’s been producing every night.
4. Nate Robinson – He’s been a huge reason the Bulls have maintained a solid record with Rose out. Hinrich is still expected to be out for the Bulls so he should have free reign in the Bulls’ backcourt.
Access the full Daily Fantasy Sports Analytics Spreadsheet
If you have any suggestions on how to improve these daily fantasy rankings with new stats or different views please let us know in the comments!