Friday 3-8 NBA Fanduel Analytics
Please see Introducing the Spreadsheet-Sports Daily Fantasy Sports Analytics System for more information on how these rankings work.
Top Overall Plays
1. Kevin Durant – Durant had a big game against he Knicks last night and he and Russ are absolutely on fire for the Thunder right now. However, the Bobcats are a pushover and I’m a bit nervous about a either a blowout (where Durant sits the entire 4th) or added rest throughout the game. Regardless, Durant is tough to bet against.
2. LeBron James – The 76ers have mailed it in so I don’t see them slowing down LeBron and the Heat’s 16 game winning streak. Look for another big game from James.
3. Russell Westbrook – My thoughts are Westbrook are almost exactly identical to Durant. He should have his way with the Bobcats defense, but game situations may dictate a limited fantasy performance.
Best Value Plays
1. Markieff Morris – The Arizona Republic announced that Morris should get the starting power forward position with Marcin Gortat out for several weeks and Luis Scola moving over to center. When Morris has gotten playing time he’s produced very well. Combine his price ($3,800) and his opponent (Sacramento) and he’s a no-brainer for your lineup.
2. Dorell Wright – Wright has picked up the slack for the 76ers as they’ve dealt with injuries to Jason Richardson and Nick Young. He should continue to get a boost in minutes and he’s a great shooter.
3. Kyle Singler – He’s been playing really well for the Pistons as the starting SF and his price has dropped as low as it could possibly get. Pair him with LeBron or Durant and you have a cost-effective, high-scoring SF duo.
1. Donatas Motiejunas – He’s the starting PF for a team that plays as fast and high scoring as anyone. There haven’t been huge numbers, but he’s been solid and could explode if he actually gets hot one of these nights.
2. Dwyane Wade – He’s been playing outstanding basketball over his last 5 games at almost 10 points above his season average in fantasy points. I would expect that trend to continue against the Sixers.
3. Stephen Curry – Steph has clearly been on a hot streak and now he gets the up-tempo Rockets and their indifferent attitude towards defense. He’s averaging nearly 30 points against the Rockets this year (which isn’t all that impressive given his steep price) but remember what he did last time he was on national television at MSG.
Access the full Daily Fantasy Sports Analytics Spreadsheet
If you have any suggestions on how to improve these daily fantasy rankings with new stats or different views please let us know in the comments!